Monday, April 22, 2013

Weekend Update - We Bought a House!

In case you didn't figure it out from the title of this post, I have big news to share. On Thursday night, Eric & I put an offer in on a house! We waited on pins & needles all day Friday, and they accepted our offer at about 2 p.m. So, we started off our weekend on an extremely high note!

After work, we drove to my parents' house in the country to visit my family & share the news. We had pizza & wings at my grandma's place while everyone passed around my iPad to check out our new house!

Ella is really excited about our new house & her flip flops!

On Saturday morning, I bundled up and headed to my high school track. It was 29 degrees & I was NOT happy about it... but since I was only a week out from my race, I had to suck it up.

Aren't you jealous of my sweet hat?

Because it was so cold out, I decided that it would be best to get it over with as fast as possible. I ended up running my fastest ever mile (as recorded on Nike+) and finishing all three in 25:36.

The rest of Saturday was spent warming up & lounging around my parents house. That meant a soak in the jetted tub, a nap on the comfiest couch ever, and chicken finger salads courtesy of my mama.

Around 4 p.m. we had to get ready because we were taking my grandpa out to dinner for his birthday. We went to a local Italian restaraunt, Sorges, which I've been going to since I was a kid. I hadn't been in a few years though, and I was blown away by the remodel they did. The food was delicious as always and my grandpa had a great time.

Sunday morning, Eric & I woke up and headed right back to Rochester. We left Ella with my mom & sister so we could get ready for the day at our own house (so much easier than out of a suitcase). We spent the drive back talking about our upcoming yard sale, our plans for the new house, and lawnmowers. It was really relaxing.... until we got home and our furance was off! The house was freezing & we both had to shower. Luckily, the hot water from the shower warmed up the bathroom and I was able to get ready without frostbite.

Once my mom & Britt arrived, we headed to Sam's Club where Eric insisted on looking at Dyson vacuums, lawnmowers, patio furniture, and beer. All things that we will need, but cannot afford at this point in time. Once we dragged him out of there, we met my dad at McGregor's for lunch, where I ate way too much food.

Our final stop of the day was to show my parents our house! I was so nervous the whole time that they were there. My parents' approval is important to me & if they hated it, I would have backed out of the deal. Luckily, they loved it & agreed that it was the perfect house for us!

When we got home, the heat was back on (YAY), but I had to go to the gym (ugh). My gym closes at 5 on Sundays (so annoying) so I had to haul ass to make it there in time to run. I walked in the door at 4:05, ran 3 miles, did a quick lift session on my arms, and was out the door at 4:55. It was an awful experience though, because I kept burping up my lunch the whole time. It's a miracle that I didn't hurl on the treadmill. I didn't want to skimp though... 7 days out is not the time to get lazy.

Feeling triumphant after pulling through a really crappy run... 

Today I'm linking up with Lisette & Sami!


  1. AHH!! Congrats on the house that is so exciting!!

  2. Congratulations on buying a house! The house is so cute, I love it. I'm so excited to follow along as you move in and make it your own.

  3. found you from the bloghop:) I clicked over bc that sweet baby was in the pic with you. I have a little guy too so naturally, I can't get enough of babies. Realized we are quite similar:) happy blogging:)


  4. YAY!!! Congrats!!! I know you had been looking for a while and this house looks beautiful!!! I'm so excited for you :)

  5. Congrats on the house!! It's adorable, and I'm jealous (in a good way)

  6. I love that house!! Congrats! :)